PUEBLO, Colo. ― The Professional Bull Riders Lucas Oil Touring Pro Series will make its way back to the Cowboys Dancehall in San Antonio on Saturday, Dec. 22.
Bull riding begins at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are available at www.cowboyasdancehall.com/San-Antonio or at the door.
The TPD provides an opportunity for riders to compete in PBR-sanctioned events to earn points toward qualifying for the nationally televised BFTS, which is comprised of the Top 35 bull riders in the world. The TPD is the developmental tour in which established veterans and newcomers compete against some of the most famous bucking bulls. More than 100 TPD events are sanctioned annually by the PBR, awarding almost $3 million in prize money.
The BFTS is televised every week on CBS, CBS Sports Network and networks around the world. BFTS telecasts are produced for the PBR under a multi-year agreement with David Neal Productions, a Los Angeles-based production company led by 34-time Emmy® Award winner and Peabody Award winner David Neal, who serves as executive producer.
The PBR will celebrate 20 years of competition with the 2013 season. More than 100 million viewers watch primetime PBR programming annually on networks around the world and nearly two million fans attend PBR events each year. PBR has awarded more than $120 million dollars in prize money over 20 years of competition, including a $1 million dollar bonus to the PBR World Champion each year.
The BFTS returns to the World's Most Famous Arena in the heart of New York City for the seventh consecutive year to open the 2013 BFTS season with the Monster Energy Invitational on Jan. 4-6, 2013.
Professional Bull Riders Lucas Oil Touring Pro Series
Dec. 15 at Exposition Center on the Buffalo County Fairgrounds in Kearney, Neb.
Final Results (Round 1-Round 2-Total Points)
1. Scottie Knapp, 88.5-92-180.5 points.
2. Reese Cates, 88-92-180 points
3. Kody Lostroh, 89-90.5-179.5 points.
Top 10 Touring Pro Division Rankings
1. Troy Wilkinson, 506.00 points
2. Chris Lowe, 423.50 points
3. *Silvano Alves, 380.91 points
4. Scottie Knapp, 356.13 points
5. Lindomar Lino, 346.91 points
6. *Jordan Hupp, 337.50 points
7. Robson Guedes, 330.75 points
8. *Ben Jones, 329.75 points
9. Skeeter Kingslover, 326.13 points
10. Marco Antonio Eguchi, 318.01 points
* already qualified for first five events of 2013 Built Ford Tough Series season
© 2014 PBR Inc. All rights reserved.